Playground:Tumbalong Park, Darling Quarter
Address: Tumbalong Park Darling Quarter
Sydney NSW 2000
This modern, unusual playground is in Tumbalong Park on Harbour St, Darling Quarter. Suitable for all ages. There is a waterplay system with pathways with waterfalls, small fountains and series of irregular fountains keep children amused as they chase the water, water-wheel entices, a large Archimedes screw, gates, these elements the children can manipulate manually, this system is really interesting for children to experiment and follow the path of the water. Adjacent to the water play area is a children’s playground with all the usual equipment — but with a difference. The equipment is integrated into the landscape, dominated by neutral colours and built on a large scale. There are: large slide what is scaled by using ropes, 10 meters tall climbing tower, sandpits with diggers, giant net swings for more kids to sit on, series of balance beams, an 18.7-metre-long course of balance ropes, very cushiony soft-fall is moulded with climbing grips to give access to smaller slides, large flying fox and more. Great playground, especially on warm days! There are some cafes, fast foods and restaurants nearby, for the hungry kids after a great play and fun :)
City of Sydney Council
ph: (02) 9265 9333
Your Feedback & Rating
Other Nearby Playgrounds
- A nice playground with rubber flooring has a variety of toys for younger kids. There are see-saw, two playhouses with slides, monkey bars and other climbing toys. Benches are beside the playground. Everything is nicely located under the trees so you have shade any time you come.
near Fig Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
- This playground is at the Wentworth Park. There is a big open area with bicycle track and sports house and sports field beside. Playground is divided into toddlers part and part for older kids. The later has plenty of climbing toys (monkey bars, climbing nets). Toddlers part has playhouse with slide, swings, see-saw and spring rider. A couple of picnic tables are around so you can spend here a whole afternoon. Toilets are further to the north. Please help make this article better and add some photos and data, thank you
near William Henry Street, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
87-97 Harris St, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
- There are two childrens playgrounds set in a beautiful open park with great views. Kids can play on basketball courts, swings (incl baby), long slides and climbing walls (to reach the slides) and see saw. There's a special sun shaded water play area and a fenced area with three playhouses - air baloon, boat, elephant. A a nice public pool (with kids area) is located beside playground (fee for entry - for more info check http://www.princealfred.org/). Cafe is at pool entrance. Nice park with lots of open area and a few large trees for shade.
near 136-142 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
- There is a small fenced playground for the little ones on Balfour Street, Chippendale. Of toy equipment they can enjoy swinging (one baby plus one senior swing), rocking on spring rider and sliding on the small slide. There are some seats for the parents. Cute shady place for some afternoon relax.
Cnr Balfour Street & Bartley St, Chippendale NSW 2008, Australia
- There is a small cute playground on Pine Street in Peace Park, Chippendale. It is fully fenced, shady by trees, suitable for toddlers. There is a spiral slide and spiral pole and a baby plus senior swing. You can find two benches for relax inside the fence. Lovely place for some afternoon relax.
near Pine Street, Chippendale NSW 2008, Australia
- This adventure playground is situated at Pirrama Park on Pirrama Road located in the inner city suburb of Pyrmont. There is open view to Johnstons Bay. It is a stunning waterfront award-winning park with large grassed areas for recreation and play, children’s playground with imaginative play equipment from ‘whale bones’ to musical instruments and a community square located at the southern edge of the site with a shaded, grassed area overlooking the sheltered bay. So, the playground equipment has: an area for water play, large climbing net and many kinds of climbing frames, kinds of swings for any ages, musical elements, stand on spinners, large sandpit with diggers and more entertaining elements. You can find seats everywhere around, also sheltered seating areas, there are grassy areas, too. There is a car parking. Interesting modern place!
- This playground is set at Victoria Park, situated on City Road in The University of Sydney. It is partially fenced, unshaded and suitable for toddlers. There are 2 play areas. One has small climbing frame set with slide, stand on spinner, spring rider for younger kids. Another has really huge flying fox, bowl spinner, climbing sphere, senior swing. There is basketball court for older kids. You will find swimming pool, great place in sunny day. There are plenty picnic tables and BBQ. Car parking, too. Also, there is nice lake with bridge at the park, excellent place for relaxing walks.
near 5 City Road, The University of Sydney , Camperdown NSW 2050, Australia